BMP to JPEG
- BMP (an abbreviation of "BitMaP")
is a native bitmap format in Windows. It is compatible with this operating
system's internal format for storing bitmap arrays. BMP files usually can be
recognized by their .BMP extension, though sometimes .RLE is used instead.
The second extension indicates the use of a run-length encoding method. The
BMP format supports a color depth of 1, 2, 4, 8, 16, 24, 32, or 48 bits per
pixel, and the maximum image size is 65,535 by 65,535 pixels. (Actually, the
color depth of 2 bits per pixel is not supported officially.)
- The JPEG format is intended for
compact storing of multicolored images with photographic quality. It was
developed for the Web in 1995. JPEG files usually have the extension .JPG,
.JPEG, or .JPE. Unlike GIF, JPEG uses a lossy compression algorithm, thanks
to which very high compression ratios can be achieved, from single to triple
Image Assistant will help you easily
convert any BMP file into JPG. How to do it:
1. Download, install, and launch Image
2. Click the Add Images button and select the BMP files to be converted.
3. Click the Next button and select "JPEG" in the drop-down menu.
4. Click the Convert button.
Converter BMP to JPEG online version.
application has a rich set of features for processing images. Download
Image Assistant now!